I just watched a YouTube video titled, "Help Desk-Introducing the Book." It's a clever and funny video about a help desk in the middle ages. A friar-type character calls the help desk for help operating...a book. He's been waiting around all day for help. The "techie" comes and laments that it's always tough with "a whole new system" because everyone needs help. First the techie shows the friar how to open the book. Once the friar opens the book, he fears turning the page will make the text disappear. He says, "So I turn the pages?" But the techie reassures the friar that he can turn the pages backward and forward and the text will remain.
Toward the end, he asks, "How do I quit for the day?" I laughed out loud. It seems so obvious to us but this scenario must have happened. In today's world, it's a similar scenario for people that are just learning how to operate a computer. It is brand new to them and they NEED help. But the friar gets it finally, we think. He says, "And when I'm finished I just close it?" Once the friar is happy and seemingly understands the basics, the techie leaves only to be urgently called back. "Now I can't open it!"
This is a still from the video when the friar asks what to do when he wants to quit for the day.
It's funny and not too long. Check out the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cd7Bsp3dDo
I'm out!
No comments:
Post a Comment